image1 image2 image3

FASHION AND BEAUTY BLOG

Hair Products in Every Price Range//

Sometimes I forget as a cosmetologist that not everyone knows what is good/not so good for your hair and the importance of good products! 

I know you are all hoping that I will tell you the best drug store products to buy but I'm sorry I can't do that!! I know that it isn't good for your hair so I'm not going to tell you to buy it. I'm not gonna lie there are times for me too that money is tight and I have bought drug store products, but I can tell my hair feels gross and I hate it. Even if you see a high end brand in a drug store don't buy it! Target carries brands like Bumble and Bumble, It's a 10, and more but don't be fooled thinking you are getting a good deal. Chances are they are expired or tampered with.

While I can't tell you the best and cheapest drug store finds, I can tell you about good stuff that you can find at stores such a Ulta, your local salon, or online.

Heat Protection

If you aren't using a heat protector EVERY time you blow dry, curl, flat iron... you are damaging your hair. There's nothing there to create a barrier between that heat tool and the cuticle of you hair. Once your cuticle is damaged it weakens the hair, causing split ends. Later leading to your ends breaking off. 

KMS Free Shape Quick Blow Dry

This heat protector will get the job done at a more budget friendly number as well as speed up your blow dry time

$19.99 
Find this at Ulta

Now, as you see the more expensive ones your probably thinking well then why would I buy that, you just showed me a cheaper one. Think of it like cars... a Honda and a Ferrari will both get you to the same place, but one has a little more bells and whistles. High price in hair products means finer ingredients, which make for better hair.

Oribe Royal Blow Out

$64.00
Find this at Oribe.com

Repairs split ends, softens, strengthens and adds shine. This product is awesome! I love that I get to use Oribe on my clients in the salon. Their hair always feels amazing. This is truly a high end luxury brand but so worth it if you can splurge on it.

Volumizing

Big Sexy Hair Big Altitude Bodifying Blow Dry Mousse


$17.95
Find this at Ulta.com

If you have fine hair that doesn't like to hold a curl, using a volumizing mousse before blow drying is what you need! It will thicken up the hair shaft and give it hold to keep those curls from falling.

Bumble and Bumble Thickening Full Form Mousse


$29.00
Find this at Sephora.com

This is my favorite mousse ever. So light weight and doesn't leave your hair feeling sticky, yet it creates amazing volume and keeps your style lasting all day!

Dry Shampoo

If there's one thing you could take from this blog make it this: DON'T WASH YOUR HAIR EVERY DAY!

Our scalp produces oil.. good oil. Every time you wash it you strip away that good oil. So your scalp produces it again, and again and again. So you're like "gross I need to wash my hair again". But if you would give it a break from striping it, it would train itself and not get so oily so fast. Leaving you with healthy shinier hair. I try to go every three days because I have pretty fine hair.. but I know lots of girls who go a week. You're thinking "yuck how do they do that" .....here is the secret.

KMS Hair Play Makeover Spray

2 oz bottle $6.99 at Ulta

So what does it do? Dry Shampoo absorbs EXCESS oil from your hair so that you can refresh your style the next few days without totally striping it with shampoo, and then going back through so often with all the heat. It's a life saver

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray

Purse Size $22
Full Size $42
Find at Oribe.com

 Can't say it enough about Oribe... amazing! The scent of their products are seriously delicious. This Dry Texturizing Spray acts as a dry shampoo because it absorbs oils but it's also awesome for creating fun beach-y waves. I love love love the texture of this product in my hair

Well that is all for tonight, let me know if you have more products you would like to know about and I will continue this blog series!! Be kind to your hair :)














Share this:

CONVERSATION